Finding a hairstyle that suits the shape of your face is as important as what cuts the stylish women over 50 are sporting. You may see a picture of a hairstyle that you absolutely love but it may not be the right one for you. Before you rush out to change your hairstyle here’s some ideas to consider.
Short hair is in and looks great on a lot of over 50s women when they have it cut in a way that suits their face shape. Many women steer clear of long hair as they age and some women can wear it long it really depend again on face shape condition of hair and color. Long hair can be aging especially when the hair is thinning and not well groomed.
- If you have a round face rather than going curly you may want to consider a short sleek straight hairstyle but not cut one length all over it’s better to have longer layers through the to[ and keep it shorter at the sides. The strait hair will add more shape to your face.
- If you have a high forehead consider experimenting with longer heavier bangs but rather than wearing them straight across the forehead try wearing them to one side.
- Don’t go too short if you have a pointed chin and add side bangs to create a softer look.
- A square shaped face then stay away from a center parting try a parting that is a bit off center
- Keep your hair a bit longer at the front if you have a strong jaw line. Wear it below the jaw so you can ware it in a style that’s longer at the front and shorter in the back.
- If your face is thin try wearing fuller bangs but with it parted to the side. This can give the illusion of more width to your face.
- Longer necks are the envy of most women especially if it’s one that you want to show off. You can get away with a short pixie style cut but if you are a woman over 50 you may prefer a longer style bob.
Most styles are more casual today and not so many isometric and smooth which gives you a softer look. If you are looking for a new look as many women over 50 do there are lots of styles and colors to choose from.
When it comes to hair color most women over 50 go lighter which you can do by adding highlights to your natural color or choosing an all over color. Keep in mind grey hair can look great on some women. Grey hair usually has taken over by age 50 so if you are lucky enough to have a good shade of grey you may not want to color your hair but just get a good cut and style that suits you. If you find your hair is too light you can have low lights which will tone it down.
Hair texture can change as we age. You may find that your hair is getting thinner than it once was. If you notice your hair falling out don’t ignore it. Normal shedding is losing anywhere between 40 – 150 hairs a day, you’ll usually notice them in your brush, sink or on your pillow. Hair loss in women is a big problem especially around menopause due to hormone imbalance so this can apply to many women over 50. There are ways to stop hair loss and even create new growth.